Following are the Intentions of our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI for the month of July, courtesy of the Apostleship of Prayer:
- Work Security. That everyone may have work in safe and secure conditions.
- Christian Volunteers. That Christian volunteers in mission territories may witness to the love of Christ.
July is also the month traditionally dedicated to the Precious Blood of Our Lord. Father Faber describes why we honor the Blood of Christ in The Precious Blood: The Price of our Salvation.
The Precious Blood of Jesus deserves special honor because of its close relation to Our Lord’s Passion. From the beginning the Apostles praised its redeeming power. Some biblical examples:
- Romans 5:9 “we are justified by His blood”
- Hebrews 13:12 “and so Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people by His blood, suffered outside the gate”
- 1 John 1:7 “and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin”